Why stay in a hotel or motel when you can leave the hustle and bustle of work behind and head to a quaint, peaceful homestead. We love to travel but of all places to make our home base, we keep coming back to this little homestead of ours. Close enough to all the amenities we’d ever need but far enough off the beaten path to provide the quiet peacefulness we crave.
Enjoy the homestead lifestyle without the long term commitment.
Or how about humanely pasture-raised chickens?
Sit on the swing under the huge grandfather oaks
Wake up to the resident rooster, Archie, crowing as he welcomes the day
Relax by the pool as you grill dinner on the deck. Hop in the pool for a refresher.
Play tetherball then hop on over for a game of volleyball.
Relax in the hammock while listening to the wind chimes as they sway in the gentle breezes.
Feel free to grow your own food in the huge sectioned off area of the property that has rich, black soil perfect for growing just about anything!
In addition to the main house rental, our tiny cottage is a possibility as well as RV parking space.
Better Internet Connection
We know internet connectivity is important for the vast majority of you. Even though we’re off the beaten path, we have you covered! Note that some cellular companies work better than others.
Harmony Oaks Homestead
Located in the heart of the Nature Coast of Florida
We are located approximately 15 minutes to town where there are many options for shopping such as Walmart, Target, Publix, Dollar General & Family Dollar. Note that there is no public transportation system that accesses our property.
Where we are located makes it abundantly clear that there's more to Florida than beaches & Disney. Those things are great, but when you see what else Florida has to offer you are going to be blown away!
Suncoast Trail, Homosassa Springs, Three Sisters Springs, Rainbow River, Pine Island Beach, Busch Gardens (approximately 45 minute drive), Disney (approximately 90 minute drive), & the list goes on and on.
● Weeki Wachee Springs State Park ● Kayaking on Weeki Wachee Springs ● Takes about 7 hours to go all the way up and back with snorkel spots along the way ● State Park kayak rental ● The Kayak Shack
Three Sisters Springs in Crystal River
● This is what we did: Trolley tours depart from the Three Sisters Springs Center about every 30 minutes and head to the boardwalk at Three Sisters Springs. Visitors have the option of waiting for the next trolley, or texting calling #352-586-5093 to receive the next pickup time. After Three Sisters Springs, visitors can hop on and off the trolley at 3 other stops in Crystal River: Hunter Springs Park, South Citrus, and Heritage Village.
● 7635 Horse Lake Rd, Brooksville, FL 34601 ● 352-593-4193
Deep South Family Bar-B-Que
● Cedar Ln, Brooksville, FL 34601 ● Where Cedar Lane & Highway 50 meet
Coney Island Drive-Inn
1112 E Jefferson St, Brooksville, FL 34601
Florida Cracker Kitchen
966 E Jefferson St, Brooksville, FL 34601
Main Street Eatery
101 N Main St, Brooksville, FL 34601
510 E Liberty St, Brooksville, FL 34601
The Tilted Teacup Tea Room
103 S Saxon Ave, Brooksville, FL 34601
Wasabi Sushi (closer to Spring Hill than Brooksville)
13154 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34613
Buffet City (closer to Spring Hill than Brooksville)
13235 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34613
Papa John's delivers to our area.
(352) 797-2943 (352) 796-8004
Steph's Southern Soul Restaurant
● 14519 5th Street, Dade City, FL 33523 ● 352-437-5907 ● Phenomenal soul food ● You first walk up to the counter with your tray, cafeteria style, & then seat yourself after you get your food & pay
● https://www.katchtwentytwo.com/ ● 2924 W Gulf to Lake Hwy, Lecanto, FL 34461 ● (352) 746-6691 ● DELICIOUS ● On the pricey side but wonderful quality and service
Hang out by the pool!
Sit under the deck umbrellas or grab a float and jump into the water! The pool provides the perfect space to enjoy the water and the sun plus you get to look out onto the goats, chickens, dogs and cats. Cook a meal on the grill on the deck by the pool, enjoying the peace and quiet it offers. It's our favorite spot to unwind after a long day!
Everyone needs a chill day! Sleep in, take a walk, watch a movie, heck, just be. It's so important to rest, relax, and soak in all the homestead chill vibes!
How do you get here?
Fly: 45 minutes to Tampa Airport and 90 minutes to Orlando Airport
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.